Thursday, August 9, 2012

The United Shapes of America

xkcd, everyone's favorite nerdy webcomic recently featured the United Shapes of America.


According to the author:
It's a hand-drawn map I made of the United States, with every state replaced by something I've always thought the state was shaped like like. (Florida is an eggplant, of course, what else would it be?)
 You can see a larger version here. Some of the more creative ones are Montana as half of a muffin, Vermont as an upside down microscope, Tennessee as a stack of books and Illinois as an upside down gangster. I'm still trying to decide if the Georgia-Missouri switch is clever or just a cop out. Judge for yourself.



3 comments:

Michael5000 said...

I've always felt like western Montana looks like the profile of Richard Nixon looking westward towards the Pacific...

Dug said...

At first I thought "no way" but it kind of does look like him - except for the rest of the state.

Michael5000 said...

Well, there's that.